Over the two year duration of this project, the University of Maryland has offered a number of courses through the School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation, A. James Clark School of Engineering, and the Department of Communication in the College of Arts and Humanities.
These courses offer students the opportunity to learn green design and marketing concepts, apply principles and theory to a real-world challenge, receive course credits toward graduation, contribute to the project, and gain experience not available through other courses on campus.
The courses offered include:
- ARCH478X: Building Innovation (Fall 2006)
- ARCH478Z: Construction, Competition, Close-out (Fall 2007)
- ARCH601: LEAFHouse Studio (Spring 2006 & 2007
- COMM483: Senior Seminar in Public Relations (Fall 2006, Spring 2007)
- ENCE489A: Special Problems in Civil Engineering: Solar House Analysis & Engineering Design (Fall 2006)
- ENCE489B : Special Problems in Civil Engineering: Solar House Implementation and Application (Spring 2007)
- ENCE489F : Special Problems in Civil Engineering: Solar House Finances, Communication and Outreach (Fall 2006)
- ENCE489G: Special Problems in Civil Engineering: Solar House Outreach, Marketing & Finance (Spring 2007)